Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Midterm Murder

It's been a minute since my last post.

Apparently there is this thing called 'midterms' in college that was designed as a tool to destroy the lives of its respective students for two weeks, so that they may begin putting them together again afterwards in what is ideally a stronger, more organized fashion. It's like breaking bones in order to make them stronger, except unlike bones, the after-effect of midterms is very unpredictable. In my case, life did not come together in a stronger fashion. Instead, I've lost ten pounds of muscle and gained twenty in fat, my skin is a grotesque color combination of pale green and yellow, and I've all but lost the ability to eat anything that has less than 70 grams of sugar per serving.
That being said, it should come as no surprise that the 'experiment' that The Kid and I cooked up (let's be honest, The Kid cooked it up, and I'm just his pawn...) has been indefinitely set aside as our bodies and minds work to recover.

How I'm going to survive finals is yet to be determined.

To give you an idea of the impact of midterms, for the few of you who haven't experienced them, I've included this telling before-and-after...


drugs-woman-4_1833998i.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to take care of yourself dear! Be sure to get your rest and schedule in time for relaxation if you have to. Kids these days seem to live their lives at such a frantic pace.

    ReplyDelete